The corn cake is a typical dish of Brazilian cuisine. It can be consumed in many ways, including as a nutritious recipe.
For those who don’t know, this cake is made from green corn, which is a cereal rich in fiber and nutrients. In addition, the corn cake can also be prepared with other ingredients that are considered healthy, such as oats and gluten-free flours.
So, if you are looking for a nutritious recipe for your day to day life, check out the complete ingredients and method of preparation of this canned corn cake. Guaranteed you will love our recipe, the best creamy corn cake we’ve ever had!
Benefits of Corn
Corn is an important source of various nutrients and may have some health benefits. Some of the possible benefits of corn include:
- Source of nutrients: Corn is a rich source of carbohydrates, which are the body’s main source of energy. It is also a good source of protein, fiber and various minerals such as iron, zinc and magnesium.
- Helps with Weight Control: By consuming fiber-rich foods such as corn, it can help you feel fuller for longer and can help with weight management.
- May be beneficial for heart health: Corn is a source of healthy fats, such as oleic acid, which can help maintain healthy cholesterol levels. In addition, corn is also a source of antioxidants, such as lutein, which can help protect the heart from heart disease.
- May be beneficial for brain health: Corn is a source of vitamin B6, which is important for brain and nervous system health. In addition, corn is also a source of lutein, which can help protect the brain from cellular damage.
However, it is important to remember that corn can also be high in sugar and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
The ingredients of corn cake
- 1 can of green corn (with water)
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 can (the same as the corn) of oil of your choice (coconut, ghee butter, olive oil)
- 1 can (the same as the corn) of sugar or the sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 can (the same as the corn) of cornmeal
- 2 heaping tablespoons of oat flour or oat flakes
- 2 tablespoons of grated coconut
- 1 level tablespoon baking powder
- First of all, for the preparation method, just beat all the ingredients in a blender.
- Then, after being well beaten, incorporate the grated coconut and the yeast until obtaining a homogeneous mass.
- Finally, place it in a round mold with a hole in the middle, previously greased with margarine and floured.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve next.
We hope you enjoyed the nutritious corn cake recipe we teach you here at Informe-se.com if. However, indulge yourself without guilt, after all, this recipe is not only delicious, but also very nutritious. So learn how to prepare it at home, like and comment on this post, we will certainly be happy to know. Share with your friends and help spread the word! See you next time!