This deconstructed lemon pavé is a different version of a traditional lemon pavé. Instead of being assembled in a mold, with layers of biscuit and lemon cream, the deconstructed pavé is served in layers in individual glasses or in a large bowl. This can include layers of crushed cracker, lemon cream, lemon zest and, optionally, other ingredients like whipped cream or fruit. The idea is that, instead of a single block, the plate is made up of several layers that can be mixed at will.
So here are the ingredients for this delicious dessert:
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 can of whey-free milk cream
- Juice of 6 fresh lemons
- 1/2 envelope of colorless gelatin
- 1/2 package of cornstarch biscuits
- Lemon zest to taste
- Hydrate the unflavored gelatin in a little water, melt in the microwave and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the condensed milk, cream and lemon juice until you get a homogeneous cream. Add the melted gelatin and mix.
- Transfer the mixture into a glass, stainless steel or porcelain container and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crush the cookies and mix with lemon zest. Book it.
- In individual bowls or a large bowl, place a layer of biscuits with lemon zest and then a layer of lemon cream. Repeat with another layer of crackers and zest and then finish with the lemon cream. Garnish with more lemon zest.
- Serve chilled, preferably after a few hours of preparation, to incorporate the cream well into the biscuits.
*Lacê Doce Kitchen Recipe
Extra tips for your recipes
- The biscuit mixture with lemon zest is optional, it is possible to serve the pure lemon cream too, as a mousse.
- Hydration of the gelatine is necessary so that it can be mixed with the liquid mixture and ensure the consistency of the cream.
- Add lemon zest to give your recipe an extra touch of flavor and aroma.
- Use fresh lemon juice instead of bottled lemon juice to ensure a fresher, more natural taste.
- Balance the lemon flavor with other ingredients to prevent the dessert from becoming too acidic.
- Try combining lemon with other fruits to create unique flavors, such as lemon and strawberry, lemon and blueberry, lemon and kiwi, among others.
- Add lemon syrup over the dessert for a touch of acidity and sweetness.
- Try adding spices like cinnamon or ginger to give your recipe a different kick of flavor.
- Remember to adjust the sugar according to personal taste, as some people prefer sweeter desserts while others prefer less sugar.
In conclusion, the deconstructed lemon pave is a creative and delicious version of the traditional dessert. In addition, you can customize this recipe with other ingredients such as whipped cream, fruits or spices to give it a different touch and surprise your guests. In this way, deconstructed pavé is ideal for those who do not like very wet mixtures or for those who prefer more pronounced flavors. The idea here is to make an amazing and tasty recipe in your own way. Using your creativity in assembly. Also check out more Pave Recipes for Dessert: Delicious and Easy to Make. We hope you like, use and abuse these recipes and their variations. So, Bon Appetit!