This carrot cake is a healthy and delicious option for those looking for a more nutritious snack or dessert. Plus, it’s a fluffy carrot cake that everyone will love. It is certainly a recipe that we can eat without guilt and satisfy that desire for a cake with a delicious cup of coffee to go with it!
Some of the benefits of a nutritious carrot cake
1. Source of nutrients: Carrots are a source of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium and dietary fiber.
2. Low-fat: By using healthy ingredients like whole wheat flour, oats, and coconut oil, you can create a healthier carrot cake with less saturated fat.
3. Versatile food: carrot cake can be served as a snack, dessert or even as a healthy breakfast. It’s also a great option for those with dietary restrictions, as it can be made without gluten or lactose.
4. Low-sugar option: It is possible to reduce the sugar content in a carrot cake by using healthier substitutes such as natural sweeteners, molasses or honey.
All in all, this recipe is a nutritious and delicious option for those looking for a healthier alternative to traditional cakes.
Here is a healthy homemade cake recipe that you can try. Which could also be called blender carrot cake:
- 2 cups of oat flour
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup brown or demerara sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
In a large bowl or blender, combine grated carrots, brown sugar, egg and melted coconut oil. Add the oat flour, and lastly, the cinnamon and baking powder to form a homogeneous dough.
Pour the dough into a greased and floured mold and bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until until the cake is golden and firm to the touch.
Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool before serving.
Tips for your carrot cake:
- You can add nuts, raisins or shredded coconut to the batter to give the cake more flavor and texture.
- If you want a sweeter cake, you can add more brown sugar or substitute a more refined type of sugar.
- If you want a denser and moister cake, you can add more grated carrots or a little plain yogurt to the batter.
- For the syrup you can use 70% melted chocolate or the syrup of your choice.
We hope you enjoyed the recipe. If you decide to make it, I hope it turns out delicious and you enjoy every bite. If you have any questions or want to share the result of your recipe, feel free. Good luck in the kitchen!