The pave is a typical Brazilian dessert, which consists of layers of biscuit, cream and fruit. One of the most popular variations is peach pavé, which is a delicious combination of flavors and textures.
First, to make this pave, you need to choose the right ingredients. The biscuit used is usually the Maria type, which is crunchy and has a neutral flavor that goes well with cream and peaches. The cream is made with egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch and milk, resulting in a sweet and thick cream. Peaches are usually used in syrup, which makes them sweet and smooth, and are diced before being added to the pave. Dry shredded coconut is added as a finishing touch, giving the dessert a crunchy texture and added flavor.
As well as being delicious, peach pavé is also easy to make. It’s a great option for anyone looking for a simple and tasty dessert to serve on special occasions, such as birthdays, family dinners and friends’ gatherings. It can be served chilled, which is perfect for hot summer days.
So gather the ingredients and let’s go…
To prepare this recipe, you will need:
Peach Pave Ingredients:
- 1 pack of Maria cookies
- 6 gems
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 6 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 liter of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 can of peaches in syrup, diced
- 1 packet of dry shredded coconut (optional)
In a medium saucepan, bring the milk to a boil. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the egg yolks with the sugar and cornstarch. Add this mixture to hot milk and stir constantly until it thickens. Remove from heat and let cool. On a large platter, place a layer of biscuits, cover them with the cream and add the sliced peaches. Repeat the operation until the platter is full and finish with dry grated coconut. Serve chilled.
*Renata’s Experimental Kitchen Recipe
In summary, peach pavé is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that combines flavors and textures perfectly, is a great option for special occasions and is perfect for hot summer days, as the fruits make it so refreshing. So, we hope you enjoyed this recipe and that it impresses your guests with its flavor. Also check out this article with Pave Recipes for Dessert: Delicious and Easy to Make
When preparing pavé, it is always important to experiment with different combinations of flavors and textures to find the perfect version for you. If you are looking for new filling options to replace peaches in the traditional pave recipe, here are some suggestions:
- Seasonal fruits: Use fresh seasonal fruits such as apples, pears, kiwis and melons. They add a crunchy texture and fresh flavor to the pave.
- Dried fruits: Use dried fruits such as raisins, prunes, apricots and figs. They add a crunchy texture and sweet flavor to the pave.
- Citrus fruits: Use citrus fruits, such as orange, lemon and tangerine, adding their juice to the cream, to add a touch of acidity and freshness to the pave.
- Red fruits: like strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries, these fruits add a lot of flavor and nutrients to recipes.
- Nutella: For a different and sweet touch, use Nutella instead of the cream for the pavé filling.
- Coconut candy: Use coconut candy to add a sweet flavor and a tropical touch to the pave.
- Ice cream: Use ice cream for filling the pave, for a fresher and more refreshing version.
- Cookies: Use crushed cookies as a filling for the pave, for a crunchy version with a sweet taste.
- Chocolate chips: Use chocolate chips in the pavé filling to add a crunchy texture and sweet flavor.
So these are just a few suggestions, but don’t hesitate to experiment with other combinations and add your own favorite ingredients to create your perfect version of peach pave and rock the kitchen. Bon appetit!