With the back-to-school period approaching, we’ll help you with tips on how to save money when buying school supplies. Many parents and guardians are concerned about the high cost of school supplies. However, there are some ways to save money on buying school supplies without compromising on quality. Check out some simple but important tips below when buying school supplies.
Compare prices to save money when buying school supplies
Comparing prices is a great way to save when buying school supplies. Here are some tips for comparing prices effectively:
- Use price comparison websites: There are several websites that allow you to compare prices from different online stores. These sites display prices from multiple stores at once, allowing you to quickly see which is the best deal for buying school supplies online.
- Check prices in physical stores: In addition to comparing prices online, also check prices in physical stores. Some stores may offer lower prices than others, so it’s always a good idea to check the available options.
- Write down prices: Keep a list or spreadsheet of prices found at different stores. This will help you remember what prices you found and where you found them, making it easier for you to make a decision.
- Comparing prices per unit: When comparing prices, be sure to compare prices per unit, not just total prices. This will help ensure you’re comparing the same product and getting the best possible deal.
- Don’t forget to include the cost of shipping: If you’re buying online, be sure to include the cost of shipping in your price comparison. Some stores may have lower prices, but charge more for shipping, which can increase your final cost.
Keep in mind that price comparison takes time, but it is a worthwhile investment to save money when shopping for school supplies.
Best site to buy school supplies
To buy online, we have made a list of websites where you can quote the prices of materials.
- Submarine (www.submarino.com.br)
- Americanas (www.americanas.com.br)
- Casas Bahia (www.casasbahia.com.br)
- Saraiva (www.saraiva.com.br)
- Virtual bookcase (www.estantevirtual.com.br)
- Livraria Cultura (www.livrariacultura.com.br)
- Mercado Livre (www.mercadolivre.com.br)
These sites are reliable and offer a wide variety of school supplies with competitive prices and payment facilities. Be sure to compare prices and read product reviews before making a purchase. As for physical stores, find out in your city where there are stores that you will find good prices. Make contact by phone before going to the store to see if you can email the list to save time and money.
Buy used stuff or trade in with your stuff from last year
An interesting way to save on materials is to look for places that sell used materials, in good condition of course, but because they are used they will certainly have a better price. If you have used materials from the previous year, a good way to save is to exchange materials that are not on your school’s list with other people. This is usually done a lot with last year’s books, however, it can be done with other materials as well. With the help of social networks, exchanging materials and books became very easy, due to the formation of groups of parents and students from the same educational institution.
Buying together with other Parents
As we mentioned above, with the help of social networks, another tip that can help save money when buying school supplies is to form a group of parents of students from the same classroom, who will therefore have the same list of materials , and then quote in stores a purchase of materials for all students in a single store. As it will be a large purchase, a sort of “wholesale” due to the quantity of materials, stores may offer a good discount for this.
In summary, comparing prices is a great way to save money for school supplies. Buying or exchanging used materials is also a way to save money. Forming a parent group and buying wholesale can also generate great savings. Ultimately, following these tips will help ensure you’re shopping smart and getting the best value for your money when purchasing school supplies.