Porto de Galinhas is a coastal city located in the state of Pernambuco, in Northeast Brazil. With crystalline waters and white sandy beaches, it is a popular destination for those seeking sun, sea and natural beauty. If you are planning a trip to Porto de Galinhas, here are some tips to make the most of your stay:
How to get to Porto de Galinhas
There are several ways to get to Porto de Galinhas, depending on your location and preference. Some options include:
- By car: Porto de Galinhas is located about 60 km south of Recife, the capital of Pernambuco. You can take the PE-09 highway to get there.
- By bus: There are several bus companies that offer services to Porto de Galinhas from Recife and other nearby cities.
- By plane: The closest airport to Porto de Galinhas is Recife / Guararapes – Gilberto Freyre International Airport, about 50 km away. From there, you can take a bus or a taxi to reach the beach.
- By ship: Porto de Galinhas is accessible by boat from Recife, and several companies offer boat trips to the beach.
Best time to travel to Porto de Galinhas
The best time to travel to Porto de Galinhas is from July to December, when temperatures are milder and there is less chance of rain. Therefore, it is a destination that is hot and humid all year round. The period between January and March is the high season, when the beaches are more crowded and the prices of hotels and inns tend to be higher.
It is also worth informing yourself about the tide table (changes in sea level), available at Navy website. Therefore, the low tide season is the most favorable to enjoy the natural pools and have fun with the rafts for diving there.
Where to stay in Porto de Galinhas
There are several accommodation options in the city, from budget inns to luxury hotels. Choose a place that fits your budget and needs. If possible, opt for accommodation close to the beach so you can make the most of your stay. Some of the best areas to stay include:
- Muro Alto beach, which offers a good structure of hotels and inns, in addition to being one of the most beautiful beaches in the region.
- Maracaípe beach, which is quieter and offers good accommodation options near the sea.
- The city center, which is the central point, offers easy access to restaurants, shops and tourist attractions.
- Ipojuca beach, which is a more secluded area, but offers good accommodation options and is ideal for those looking for tranquility.
Regardless of your choice, it’s important to do a good price and review research before to reserve your place.
Resorts, hotels and inns
Some of the best resorts, hotels and inns in Porto de Galinhas include:
- Resort Vivá Porto de Galinhas: This luxury resort offers spacious and comfortable rooms, swimming pool, spa, gym and sea views.
- Hotel Nannai Resort & Spa: This 5-star hotel offers luxurious rooms, pool, spa and sea views.
- Enotel Porto de Galinhas: 5-star resort that offers a complete recreation structure, with total comfort by the sea.
- Pousada Xalés de Maracaípe: This inn offers comfortable and clean rooms, a swimming pool and delicious breakfast.
- Pousada Maracabana Spa: This inn offers comfortable and clean rooms, a swimming pool and views of the sea.
- Pousada Ecoporto: This inn offers comfortable and clean rooms, swimming pool, garden and sea views.
Of course, these are just a few examples, there are many other great options available. However, it’s important to check reviews and compare prices before making your reservation.
Tips on what to do in Porto de Galinhas
First of all, Porto de Galinhas is a very popular tourist destination in the Northeast of Brazil, with a variety of activities and attractions for all tastes. Here are some tips for what to do while you’re there:
- Visit Muro Alto Beach: It is one of the most beautiful beaches there and offers crystal clear waters and good waves for surfers.
- Explore the natural pools: A raft ride is a great way to see the natural pools and spot the colorful fish.
- Shop in the city center: The center offers a variety of shops and handicrafts, where you can find souvenirs and souvenirs.
- Try the local cuisine: Porto de Galinhas cuisine is a mix of African, indigenous and Portuguese influences, and includes dishes such as Baião de dois, Feijão de corda and Sarapatel. Be sure to try some of these typical dishes during your stay, after all, Pernambuco cuisine is very rich.
- Take a buggy ride: Riding a buggy is a fun way to explore the nearby beaches and villages. It may include stops on the itinerary for diving in Muro Alto and enjoying seahorses in Pontal do Maracaípe.
- Take a boat trip: A boat trip around Ilha de Galinhos is a great way to explore the waters and see marine animals.
- Enjoy the nights: Porto de Galinhas has a busy nightlife, with many bars and restaurants offering live music and other attractions. Be sure to go out at night to enjoy the city’s animation.
- Visit the surroundings if your itinerary allows: Porto de Galinhas is close to other interesting cities, such as Recife, Maragogi and Olinda, which are worth visiting during your stay in the region. In addition, there are several natural attractions nearby, such as Praia de Carneiros and Praia de Calhetas, which are great options for those who enjoy nature and adventure.
Finally, don’t forget your sunscreen. The sun in Northeast Brazil can be quite strong, so don’t forget to wear sunscreen and bring sunglasses and a hat to protect your skin and eyes during your stay in Porto de Galinhas. In addition, it is always important to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
These are just a few tips, but Porto de Galinhas has a lot to offer, from adventure activities to leisure, and there is something for everyone.
We hope that these tips will be useful to make the most of your trip. Make the most of your stay in this beautiful destination and come back often!