Plants not only add a touch of beauty to your home, but also help to improve your environment. They purify the air, relieve anxiety and relax the body and mind. Certainly, some plants are especially good at purifying the air and leaving it with a pleasant aroma. So in this article, we’re going to show you some of the best options to make your house more beautiful and smelling with plants.
1. Lavender: This is one of the most popular plants to use in perfumes, soaps and other cosmetic products.
Lavender is a beautiful and fragrant plant that can make your home more beautiful and fragrant. She’s easy to care for and grows well anywhere, so she’s a great option for anyone who wants to decorate their house with plants. In addition, lavender is also great for purifying the air, relieving anxiety and relaxing the body and mind.
2. Rosemary: is an aromatic herb that has a delicious citrus scent.
Rosemary is a very versatile plant that can be used to make your home more beautiful and fragrant. It can be used to decorate the environment, giving a special touch to the decor, or to perfume the air. Additionally, rosemary is known to have medicinal and aromatic properties that can help relieve stress and anxiety. So it’s great for cooking, but it can also be used as a natural way to scent your home’s air.
3. Jasmine: has a sweet and enveloping scent that can transform any environment into a magical place.
This is one of the most popular plants to use in perfumes, but it can also be used to purify the air in your home.
Jasmine (Jasminum) is a genus of plants in the Oleaceae family, native to Asia, with about 200 species. In Brazil, it is popularly known as honeysuckle jasmine. Jasmines are shrubs or vines that can reach 2 to 4 meters in height. The flowers are white or yellow and exude an intense perfume.
Jasmine is a very resistant plant and can be grown in different types of soil and climate. However, preference for sunny and well-ventilated places. Watering must be done regularly, especially in summer, so that the plant does not dry out completely. The ideal fertilizer for jasmine is well-decomposed organic compost.
To grow a jasmine at home, you can use a seedling or a cutting of the plant. For this, choose a large pot with holes in the bottom for proper drainage. Place a layer of sandy substrate at the base of the pot and then the seedling or jasmine stake. Water the plant well after transplanting and keep it in a sunny place without direct exposure to sunlight.
4. Sandalwood: it is an aromatic wood that has a refreshing and relaxing aroma
Sandalwood is a tree from the fabaceae family, native to India. Its wood is one of the main products of the furniture industry in the country, in addition to being used in civil construction, in the manufacture of furniture and even in the manufacture of paper. Sandalwood is a very resistant and beautiful material, with a color that varies from light yellow to dark brown. That’s why sandalwood is so sought after for making furniture and other products. In addition, sandalwood has a pleasant aroma that can help make your home more beautiful and smelling good.
It’s great to place in wooden pots or wicker baskets and let loose around your home to naturally scent the air.
5. Mosses and lichens: not only are they beautiful, they also naturally scent the air
Mosses and lichens are plants that can not only add a touch of beauty to your home, but can also naturally scent the air. Here are some tips for choosing the ideal mosses and lichens to make your home more beautiful and smelling:
So choose mosses and lichens that are suited to the environmental conditions of your home. Some plants need more light than others, for example, so be sure to choose species that suit your home’s conditions.
Opt for plants with fragrant leaves. Some species of moss and lichens have fragrant leaves that can add a delicious scent to your home.
However, plant in suitable pots. Be sure to use appropriate pots for the plants you choose to ensure they can grow and thrive properly.
Finally, water regularly. Mosses and lichens need a certain amount of moisture to thrive, so be sure to water them regularly. However, avoid soaking the soil, as this can cause the plants to overgrow or even harm their health.
Other herbs and aromatic plants to make your home more beautiful and smelling
In addition to common herbs and aromatic plants, there are many others that can make your home more beautiful and smell. So here are some tips:
– Sage: it is an ornamental plant with cone-shaped flowers that grow up to 60 cm in height. Sage is a perennial plant and can be grown from seeds, cuttings or seedlings. Prefers full sun and well-draining soil. Blooms in spring and summer.
– Basil: another plant with cone-shaped flowers, basil grows up to 50 cm in height. It is an annual plant that needs very fertile and moist soil to develop. Blooms in spring and summer.
– Mint: Mint is a perennial plant that grows up to 1 m in height. Prefers full sun or partial shade and well-draining soil. Blooms in spring and summer.
Tips for choosing the right plants for your home
So how to make your house more beautiful and smelling with plants? Here are some tips for choosing the right plants for your home:
1. Choose plants that are compatible with the climate of your region. If you live in a hot and humid place, for example, avoid plants that don’t like heat or that require a lot of humidity.
2. Be careful with poisonous plants. Some plants are toxic to pets and children, so choose the species you want to grow carefully.
3. Consider the available space in your home. Some plants grow very large and can disrupt airflow indoors, so choose species that are suitable for the size of your home.
4. Make sure the plants you want to grow are compatible with other elements of your home decor, such as furniture and curtains. Of course, you don’t want your beautiful plants to end up compromising the aesthetics of your home!
So if you want to make your home more beautiful and smelling good, plants are an excellent option. Another advantage of plants is that they decorate the environment very well. So, if you enjoyed reading it, like it and share it with us and your friends. We look forward to bringing you more incredible content on the subject!